Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Back to work

We took two weeks off from school in order to pack, move, unpack, and get into a reasonably settled state. We started school a couple of weeks early this summer in anticipation of the move.

I've been enjoying a new (to me) book, Phonemic Awareness: Playing with Sounds to Strengthen Beginning Reading Skills, that I brought back from the States. My ex-Kindergarten teacher mother has a seemingly endless supply of resources, and I'm happy to de-clutter her shelves. 

The activity below is a "Rhyme-Away Story." If you can count to three, erase the _____.
 Working with the balance scale in math was a big hit.
 Simon Says, touch the letter that says "a" to your nose.
 We've moved from lines to shapes in art. The boys created a shape picture with tangram pieces and reproduced it on paper.
 Missing letters:

1 comment:

  1. Lovely to see snippets of the boys and your new surroundings!

    Miss you, Judy xx

    ReplyDelete