Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A day's worth of math

Cooper's nearly finished his math for the school year. He typically does one drill sheet (25 addition or subtraction problems) and one worksheet. He's needed very little instruction as the work is still fairly simple.
He likes working in the hall now to limit distraction.

Noah has finished his math workbooks for the school year, so I'm choosing skills to work on daily. We've been doing skip counting and odd/even. Today's lesson was a lot of fun. He was given a flashcard (1-20); bears were counted and paired (for dancing, of course!); he would sing, "Boo hoo hoo, no partner for you!" if there was an odd bear. Each number was recorded as odd or even on a chart. Finally, the even numbers were recorded, in order, on another chart in order to practice skip counting by 2s.

Caleb likes pulling out the math manipulatives.

This is what happens when dad reads a story. He's SO much more fun than me.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I was still teaching "K" - I love the Boo, Hoo, Hoo - no partner for you song! Oh Well!

    ReplyDelete